Welcome to Tanoan Community East Association
Below is important information to get you started, but please review all governing documents as soon as possible.
- You are part of a homeowners association whose purpose is to provide a communal basis for preserving, maintaining, and enhancing homes and property. When you closed on your home or lot, you automatically became a part of the TANOAN COMMUNITY EAST ASSOCIATION INC. The governing documents bind all owners to be governed by the Association. Your membership continues until you sell your property.
- Your assessments are due monthly on the first of each month. You will receive a coupon book for your payments unless you are enrolled in auto debit. Late fees and interest are applied for late payments. Assessments are levied to each owner in order to operate and maintain the community. The owners’ financial obligation to the HOA is driven by the annual operating budget. Some of the items covered by your assessments include landscape maintenance in the common areas, insurance, administrative costs, management, common area maintenance, etc. Homeowners are strongly encouraged to sign up for our auto debit program for payment of their assessments. Go to www.HOAMCO.com and under “Homeowners” click on “Make Payment” then complete the “Enroll in Auto Debit” form.
- Parking on the street is not allowed overnight between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. Fines apply.
- RVs, boats, trailers, campers, recreational equipment, flat bed trailers etc. may not be parked or stored in your driveway or anywhere onsite where visible. A permit may be requested at the Country Club gatehouse that will allow a recreational vehicle to be parked onsite for two overnight periods within 30 days (not consecutive) – one night for loading, and one night for unloading.
- Community Patrol is on duty at the Country Club gatehouse and on patrol 24/7. Their number is 505-294-9066.
- The speed limit in Tanoan Community East is 20 mph. The speed limit is strictly enforced using radar. Fines are issued for speeding and for failure to come to a complete stop at a stop sign.
- Trash pick up is on Monday. Trash cans and recycle bins must be stored in an area screened from public view when they are not at the curb for pick up. They may be placed at the curb not earlier than Sunday morning, and must be put away by noon on Tuesday. Call 311 for missed pick up or trash bin maintenance.
- Exterior changes to your home (landscaping, additions, painting and re-stucco (involving a change of color), satellite dishes, change of roof color, window configuration or frame color change, change of front door (if visible), etc.) must be submitted to the Planning Committee for approval. Forms available on the website.
- Yards are to be free of debris and weeds. Your landscaping must be maintained in a neat and attractive appearance. Trees and shrubs must be kept neatly trimmed, and grass kept cut and healthy. Dead trees and vegetation must be removed within 30 days. Inspections are conducted of each home by our Compliance Coordinator every other week and violation letters and fines are issued.
- The HOA is to be notified if you are renting your home. The homeowner must provide the association with the “Tenant Information Sheet” which is available on the website.
- The HOA is to be notified if your contact information changes. Please make sure we have your telephone numbers and e-mail addresses by completing the “Registration Form” available on the website.
- We use RFID windshield tags and gate access cards for entry. If the previous owner left you cards, you will need to have them transferred to your name. Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the card numbers. You may purchase a tag for any vehicle that is registered to a resident living in Tanoan East. We install windshield gate tags the first week of each month at the main Country Club entrance gatehouse. Tags are $15.00 and cards are $16.00 each. Check or money orders only – no cash, credit cards, or debit. We will send out an e-mail with the details and the date and times around the first of the month, so watch for that (make sure we have your e-mail address in our database. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org). Cards may be purchased at the Country Club gatehouse Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Until you obtain your tags or cards, you may enter through the visitor’s lane (left lane) at the Country Club gate (staffed 24/7).
Visit the community website at www.tanoaneastnews.com to obtain forms and review all rules and guidelines.
Tanoan Community East Association is professionally managed by HOAMCO, Homeowners Association Management Company Community Association Manager: Amy Costen
E-mail is the best way to reach the manager – email@example.com – Management Office: 505-338-0000